Val Kilmer Exclusive Doc Holliday Hat
"The Doc Holliday Hat"
A creative collaboration between Val Kilmer & Tom Hirt, the official hat maker for the film Tombstone. Hirt makes this superior quality beaver felt hat one-at-a-time entirely by hand. The black & white silk lining of Val Kilmer's signature and "Doc" icon is hand-stitched and trimmed with a smooth leather band. The distinctive "Doc Holliday" front curl cannot be duplicated and reflects the actual hat worn by Val Kilmer in the film Tombstone. Each hat takes up to 5 weeks to complete from start to finish. Hirt works out of his small shop on his Penrose ranch in Colorado. Considered one of less than 50 hat makers left in the United States, he tell folks, "It is a long process from the raw felt body to the finished hat that can be worn and worn hard, but then quality is not a commodity that can be produced quickly." Val Kilmer's exclusive Doc Holliday Collection reflects the values of quality and authenticity that will last for years to come. A must have for the true "Doc Holliday" aficionado.
- Black wide-brimmed (15" x 17")
- Hand curled brim in "Doc" style
- Pure beaver
- Hand flanged, sanded, pounced and finished
- Crown is hand-formed over old-fashioned wooden blocks dating back 100 years
- Hand creased in "Doc" style
- Leather interior hat band
- Signed by Val Kilmer on interior hat band on request
- Sizes 6 3/4, 6 7/8, 7, 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 1/2, 7 3/8
- Other sizes can be special ordered
- Please allow time for creating the hat